Friday, November 28, 2014

A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR YOU


Black Friday - a big shopping day. The name 'black Friday' arose from businesses that have been struggling with sales. Now at the end of the year they hope to show a profit and be in the 'black'. People go a little crazy rushing to stores before the sun is up to buy items that have been drastically reduced in price. When I opened my e-mail this morning, I noticed that 'Black Friday' prices are now available on-line. 

A couple of years ago I wrote a book from my blogs. I wish I could greatly reduce the price, but it was set by the publisher for $13.95, e-book available for $7.99. I've been told that it can be bought for less if you look around the internet. I wrote this book mainly because I wanted it for our children, also I had many friends who told me they loved my blog but didn't like to read on-line. 

I'm in the process of editing another book. It's a lot of work and some expense. From time to time I think - why bother? What I write can be read on-line and if someone is really interested in my topic, they can print out the blogs. When I'm in this mindset someone always comes along who tells me how very much they love my book and how helpful it is in their relationship with the Lord. The book is in the local libraries and is borrowed often. Maybe, I should keep doing this I think. You might like to consider buying the book for a Christmas gift - or for yourself.

Blogging God's Word is available at Crossbooks.com, Amazon.com, also as an e-Book.  I'm sharing this information for those new to the blog.  Also, a short synopsis and a few quotes from the books' introduction. 

"You will enjoy the author's skill in applying Biblical principles to everyday life. Both Christians and unbelievers will gain basic knowledge of the bestselling book ever, the Bible.  Familiar stories will come alive and you may discover a truth that will impact your life. You will be surprised how God views His children!

Be guided into the knowledge of God's grace and sovereignty
  • Learn to experience God's presence in daily living
  • Come to know the difference between church doctrine, humanistic theology and what the Bible really says
Join the author in pursuing the truth of Scripture. See how knowing the truth will set you free to feel loved, safe and secure.  'Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.' - John 8:32."

From the introduction. . .

"For over thirty-eight years I've been soaking up the Word of God, like a sponge! I have a file drawer full of Bible studies, a computer full, and a heart full! Looking for a new way to share what I've learned, I began to explore the world of blogging. I'm a bit uncomfortable with 'cyber space', so wondered if this would be a good place to deposit my treasure, God's living Word. One day I stepped out in faith, sat down at the computer with my husband, and set up a blog. . .a real blog! All I had to do was start writing. I wasn't sure how I should approach this new adventure, but felt very comfortable that this was what God wanted me to do."  

More. . .

"Do I have a goal or agenda? Yes, I do! I write so others will come to know Jesus Christ as their very own Lord and Savior, be inspired to study the Bible and be able to apply what they learn to daily life."

More. . .

"I don't have a 'legalistic' bone in my body, simply a desire to point others to the truth of God's grace and total sovereignty. I am firmly convinced that this is how we as believers can attain a lasting peace through any hardship or trial and come to know the joy of loving the Lord.  We are secure in His sovereignty."

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will."  Ephesians 1:11

I've chosen not to clutter up my blog by 'monetizing', so please excuse a commercial now and then.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to share Your Word with others.  Somehow people from all over the world have found this blog. My confidence is never in myself, always in You.